Followers

kuch kahi kuch ankahi si ye zindagi ki kahani hain, kuch shabdo se bani to kuch khamoshi se buni ye dhadkano ki jubaani hain, Sirf meri ya tumhari nahi, ye har kisi ki kahaani hai........

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Things must have changed now, i guess. when i grew up, we were made to believe that there are only three career choices, which gives money n respect. Doctor(d), engineer(e) and IAS(i). sucess = d/e/i. everything else is failure. there is a sanskrit shlok that i read in school and still remember some bit of it…..madhyama dhanam ch manam icchanti……means middle class wants both money and fame. the other lines of the sholka translates to…..upper class wants only fame and lower class wants only money. but middle class wants both. the logic of fame n money came from there, i guess.

i grew up in Jamshedpur, a non-metro cosmopolitan city known for its steel plant. my parents never told me what to do and what not, as far as my career was concerned. They supported me in my decision up to a point. After that things became little difficult for me. And somehow the social structure was such that i also realised sooner or later that there r only three options for me in life (painter, lecturar, engg.). i was good in painting. used to make pictures in my early school days (class 4 or 5)….. my parents wanted me to take painting classes as well. i resisted. how can someone be only painter ? i want suceess (= P, E or L). never wanted to be a failure.

Engineering sounded mechanical. but i couldnt choose to be doctor coz of very simple reason that i was feared of disecting frog . but not anymore. figured out the rackets of life very soon. ended up being an engineer but d journey was not easy, as i couldnt clear entrance tests for some reason n d only option was private college with high donation n tution fee. no regrets. sucess is highly overrated. its all about what u want in life. the way u feel happy. good will hunting .

singer-lyricist swanand kirkire once said…take out i, me and myself from watever u r writting. I realised he was right, damn right. everything that i was writing here was the same…main hi main. life seen thru the same prism. my prism. have to change this. seriously.

btw, here goes four lines by him….on similar theme….as they say….sau sunhaar ki ek lauhaar ki…i took four thousad lines to say the same n he did it in four lines….ha ha ha….

zindagi sawalon ke jawaab doondhne chali
jawaab me sawaalon ki ek lambi see ladhi mili
sawaal hi sawaal hai
ki soojhhti nahi gali
ki aaj hath thham lo,
ek hath ki kami khali.......


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Nothing to describe.... A girl with thousand faults 🙅